(Also check out the GameJolt page)
Capsule Guy is a challenging platforming game where you shoot lasers at things and win sometimes.
Made mostly by myself (@1f1n1ty_) in four months as a capstone project for a year-long independent study in game development. Although it's not a stunning game, for a larger scale project than all my previous endeavors, I'm really happy with how this turned out and by extension the direction of my game creating passion! At least I think that's how it works
As this is an academic project, I don't want to compel anyone to spend money to play it, but I encourage you to donate if you feel so inclined! It would mean a lot to me. You can make a one-time donation directly on this page or go to my Patreon to support all of my work. If you can't, though, spreading the word is fine with me :)
Anyway, hope you enjoy!
Features, to an extent:
- Laser shooting, which is an unoriginal yet oddly charming concept
- 30 handcrafted levels, so that the frustration you get from the difficulty is completely intentional
- 5 enemy types, which is a new world record and breaks several boundaries
- 4 original songs (downloadable on my Bandcamp for everyone interested, and for everyone not interested)
- A minimalist art style, which in this case is just a lazy cop-out for not being an artist
- Some secrets to find, but without any in-game consequences that would otherwise distract from the actual secret
- Matthew Zhang - Developer
- Brandon Barber - Mentor
- More credits in the game
- Controls: Keyboard + Mouse. Seriously these levels are designed for mouse and without one it's very hard.
- Aspect Ratio: 16x9 fullscreen highly recommended.
- Platforms: Windows + MacOS. Linux users, I apologize.
- Made with: Unity, FMOD, FL Studio, and LOVE <3