Seems like fun. But as it's two player, I haven't played it with another person. But I think the W/UP arrow key could have been used for the jump button, as it's just a simple side view game and it could have made for a faster gameplay for beginners
gimme the airpod
isn't it so annoying when your brother steals your airpod so that you only have one airpod??? i know, right??????!??? time to take revenge >:(
made during game maker's toolkit jam 2019 with the theme "only one".
- thrilling moment-to-moment combat
- 15 unique arenas and 8 selectable colors
- hyper realistic axe physics
- lots of flavortext to make your day extra spicy
- amazing royalty free music by the great kevin macleod
tips for pro play:
- to win, the axe must touch the other player while it is flying through the air with your color
- aim the axe in three different directions by holding up or down and throwing an axe
- catch an axe coming towards you by pressing the grab button before it touches you
- duck repeatedly or kick the airpod to taunt your opponent after securing a sweet victory
- wasd or arrow keys to move
- f or comma to jump
- g or period to grab or throw axe
made by Matthew Zhang and Caleb Biddulph in Unity.
|Genre||Fighting, Action, Platformer|
|Made with||Paint.net, FL Studio, Unity, Audacity|
|Tags||deathmatch, Funny, Game Maker's Toolkit Jam, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, PvP, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
hey, thanks! while i did consider that, i thought about what the player should do if they wanted to throw the axe upward while standing on the ground. mapping w/up to jump would mean the player have to use a short hop in order to set this up, which would probably be awkward. hopefully that at least explains the design decision? although it doesn't excuse any flaws, obviously :)
it's fun, but the controls feel a bit wonky (especially with jump being right next to throw)
Really liked the effects!
That was a lot of fun. Played with sister and we both liked it.